Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dynamics of Early Childhood Policies and Systems

The three goals that might assist me in becoming more effective in my professional role. The three goals that might assist me are; 1) expanding my knowledge about all the aspects of early childhood development, 2) getting a better understanding of the different types of early childhood systems, and 3) help in contributing to policies that would assist early childhood educators all over the country. The way expanding my knowledge in early education outside of the classroom would give me ideas of what is lacking in the field. This goal would also assist me into understanding how each aspect in the early childhood system effect the other in both positive and negative ways. For instance the importance of funding from the government, private, and public organizations, how receiving these funds impact positive outcomes for the child and family. The second goal and how it can help me navigate with early childhood systems is to become more familiar with the different types of systems. Before this class I did not know that there were as many systems in early childhood education. Researching and reading about the different systems have made me think outside of the box as to what type of system my employer has with its early childhood centers. Being able to understand and review how the different systems work for children and their families will help me in the foundations of making a better system for all. The third goal will help me gather the data I need from childcare centers locally to understand what professional development they have used. In the process of researching the data I want to get a better understanding of what has and has not worked for these centers. In order to have quality early education system, policies must be in place for all educators from childcare centers, homes, head start, and childcare ministries to name a few. All of these organizations have one common goal and that is to help educate children and their families. 

No comments: